Monday 10 September 2012

H2H Challenge: Biggie Cards

This week, it's go big or go home at H2H!  The challenge is to create a card larger than the standard A2 (4 1/4" by 5 1/2").  I thought this challenge was perfect to start breaking in my brand new Cricut Artiste cartridge, as it contains quite a number of card cuts.  So, without further adieu, here is my biggie card....


I used the all new, and very beautiful La Belle Vie paper pack to make this 6x6 card.  The key I used to cut the shape for the base of the card can be found on page 46 of the handbook.  Here is a better view of the shape...



You will notice that the card I chose is a postcard, rather than a folding card.  I simply cut 2 of them, scored the piece that would make the back flap close to the edge, and attached it to the card front.  That way there is no fold visible on the front of the card.  Here is the inside, so you can see what I mean.


I cut the larger shape at 6", the black on the front of the card at 5" and the butterfly patterned paper on the front at 4 1/2" to create the layers.  The lined paper on the inside is cut at 5" as well.

CTMH Products used to create this layout include:
Papers: La Belle Vie (X7158B), Smokey Plum and Black cardstock
Stamps: Cricut Artiste Collection (Z7190)
Inks: Blush, Smokey Plum and Black
Embellishments: Black Waxy Flax (Z1089), Black Striped Grosgrain (Z1781), Glitter Trim (Z1799), Grey Button (Z1787), Dimensional Elements Numbers (Z1681)
Other: Cricut Artiste Cartridge (Z7190)

For more inspiration, head on over to H2H and check out the fabulous artwork created this week by my fellow Design Team B members, or click on their links here: Haley, Angel, Nancy, Dorothy and Dania.

If you want to play along, here is what you need to do...
  1. Use mostly Close To My Heart products, though it doesn't have to be 100%.  
  2. Create a BIGGIE card!
  3. Post your project to your blog or other online gallery. 
  4. Link your blog post to this challenge at H2H.
Thanks so much for stopping by!  I love to read your comments, so please let me know what you think.  Happy scrapping!

1 comment: