Wednesday 15 August 2012

A Shadow Box Layout for Fiona

As this post publishes, I am driving into the beautiful Jackson Hole, Wyoming to visit my sister and her family.  In preparation for our visit, my sister has been booking excursions and activities for us for weeks.  I wanted to bring her a gift, so I decided to make a layout, framed in a shadow box, for my adorable niece Fiona.  I was inspired by the NEW Close to my Heart Idea Book, and you may recognize the layout from page 24.  I didn't have the all-new Clementine paper at the time I was crafting, so I used up some Sophia paper from my stash. 

This is a photo of the completed layout before I put it in the shadow box.  I left space for a 5x7 photo so my sister could choose which photo she wants to frame.


I embellished the bottom left corner of the photo mat with flowers from the Garden Wooden Shapes collection, various paper flowers, buttons, and sparkles.


Much like the layout in the idea book, I used Cricut-cut scalloped circles to mount buttons tied with waxy flax, and circles to mount Cricut-cut hearts that I scored and sewed to the circles.  I folded them up to add dimension.  All of the edges are inked in Desert Sand ink.


For my niece's name, I used the Eclectic Alphabet Chipboard, and inked it all in Blush, and then the edges in Tulip.  I mounted the letters on my favourite new accessory from the new Idea Book, Burlap Ribbon.  I cut the edges of the burlap and frayed it with my paper piercer.  I love how it looks!


And here is the finished product framed in the shadow box.  I hope Fiona loves it!  I almost want to keep it, so I just might have to make another one to hang at my own house!


I was so inspired by all of the home decor items in the new Idea Book to make something I could hang on the wall.  If you don't have your copy of the new catalog yet, contact me today to find out how to get yours!

CTMH Products used to create this layout include:
Papers: Sophia (retired), Tulip and White Daisy cardstock

Inks: Blush, Tulip, and Desert Sand
Embellishments: Garden Wooden Shapes (Z1718), Burlap Ribbon (Z1760), Colonial White Waxy Flax (Z1081)
Other: Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge (Z1686), miscellaneous paper flowers, buttons and sparkles  

Thanks so much for stopping by!  I hope you enjoyed it.  Happy Scrapping!

2 comments: